Pembroke Pines area dental practice offers healthy oral hygiene care tips and recommendations
Your dental health is an important consideration when it comes to improving the smile. In addition to ensuring problems such as cavities and disease do not develop, taking care of the smile with healthy habits is key to better hygiene. Dr. Milton Ruiz and his professionals offer tips for Pembroke Pines, FL, area patients who are considering ways to improve their oral hygiene. These dental care tips are highly advised to patients who want to both achieve and maintain a healthy smile for life.
Tips and recommendations for oral health:
- Brush teeth at least twice a day. Dr. Milton Ruiz strongly encourages patients to brush after every meal if possible or at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day. At night, many patients should make it part of their bedtime routine to floss their teeth. This removes food particles that can become trapped between teeth and contribute to decay and disease.
- Do not brush your teeth too hard. Use appropriate pressure on the toothbrush to brush the teeth and gums to reduce inflammation caused by aggressive brushing.
- Use the right toothbrush. Find a toothbrush that has soft-bristles and allows you to access the teeth in the back of the smile to brush them efficiently.
- Avoid tobacco products. Chewing tobacco or smoking cigarettes can cause unwanted staining of the teeth while also contributing to bad breath and an increased risk of heart disease and oral cancer.
- Avoid sugary or acidic foods and beverages. Even if you have a sweet tooth, you can still enjoy sweets occasionally if you brush and floss after every meal. Sugars and acids eat away at natural tooth enamel and can cause sensitivity and the formation of tooth decay.
Request a visit with Dr. Milton Ruiz today
Pines Dental Associates of Pembroke Pines, FL, is here to help patients learn more about the ways to take care of their smiles with good oral hygiene care and recommendations. These tips and more can be discussed with our professionals during your appointment. Call the office at (954) 715-4660 and request a consultation at 1541 North Palm Avenue.
Back to Dental Hygiene Page