Pembroke Pines dentist helps patients improve their smiles with a professional dental whitening procedure
Do you feel like everyone else’s smile sparkles just a bit more than yours? If so, you are not alone. Many adult dental patients wish their teeth were a little brighter, and their smile a little more confident. Now it can be. Dr. Milton Ruiz of Pines Dental Associates in Pembroke Pines, FL, has helped many patients remove stains, address discoloration, or brighten their teeth with a professional dental whitening procedure.
Is teeth whitening for me?
Teeth can become stained or lose their shine for many reasons. Some of the most common include:
- Drinking dark beverages: Coffee may be what ensures your productivity, but over time it (and other dark beverages like tea and red wine) will stain the enamel of your teeth.
- Smoking or using tobacco: Not only is this habit bad for your health, but it can also cause your teeth to become yellow.
- Medications: Some medications will cause the teeth to become darker.
- Poor oral hygiene habits: The best way to keep your teeth white is to brush and floss after eating and drinking. Patients who are not consistent about removing tiny particles of food or beverages will find that those particles can stain and damage their teeth.
How does teeth whitening work?
There are several options for improving your smile with professional teeth whitening services. Dr. Ruiz works closely with his patients to determine which option is best for their schedule, budget, and desired results.
- In-office teeth whitening – If you have a big event this weekend, it is not too late to brighten your smile first. With this procedure, a special gel is applied to the teeth and is activated with a laser light in one office visit. This can significantly improve your smile in less than two hours.
- At-home whitening – If you have more time and prefer a more gradual approach, at-home whitening can deliver the results you want. Patients use custom-made trays filled with whitening gel at home for approximately 30 minutes a day with this treatment. Once they have achieved the brightness they want, they can stop using the trays daily and keep them for when their smile needs a boost.
Back to Whitening Page