Five advantages of porcelain dental crowns in Pembroke Pines, FL
Dental crowns are a popular dental treatment. They can be used to restore and protect a tooth that had significant decay, to reshape a tooth that is broken or chipped, or as part of a fixed bridge appliance to replace a missing tooth. Having a crown placed is a relatively straightforward procedure. It requires the removal of a small portion of the tooth’s enamel and then restoring the tooth using a cap made of porcelain or metal.
Dr. Milton Ruiz of Pines Dental in Pembroke Pines, FL, has been helping his patients improve the health and appearance of their smiles using porcelain dental crowns for many years. He shares the following advantages of dental crowns to help patients understand their benefits for tooth restoration:
- Appearance – Dental crowns made of porcelain material are custom made to look just like your existing teeth in shape and color, with light reflecting qualities that look very natural. A tooth with a porcelain crown can usually blend right in and look like the rest of your teeth.
- Stain resistant – Dental crowns made from porcelain stand up to dark colored foods and beverages even better than natural tooth enamel.
- Strong and durable – If you take care of your dental crowns, they’ll last a long time – about 15 years or more on average. Crowns require normal home hygiene habits and regular dental check-ups. Patients with crowns should also take care not to bite into hard objects or grind their teeth, as they shouldn’t with their real teeth.
- Sturdy and comfortable – While dentures can slip out of place, crowns stay put because they are permanently bonded to your teeth. Patients can eat and speak with confidence knowing that they don’t have to worry about the stability of their crowns. Additionally, because crowns don’t slide across your gums, they won’t irritate soft tissues in the mouth.
- Confidence – A healthy smile is a happy smile. Patients who have damaged or broken teeth find themselves feeling awkward or embarrassed among friends and family. Those with restorative or cosmetic crowns smile proudly, showing off great teeth that reflect their personalities.
Before & After Treatment Images
Back to Crowns Page