Smiles in Pembroke Pines, FL are restored with dental bridges
Are you missing a tooth, or several in a row? That condition probably impacts your appearance, the way you speak, and the foods you can enjoy. Meanwhile, other changes are occurring that could impact your oral health and wellbeing. A gap allows remaining teeth to become crooked, increasing risk of tooth decay, gum disease, TMJ issues, and dental wear and damage. Dental bridges from Dr. Milton Ruiz in Pembroke Pines, FL replace missing teeth, restoring your smile and oral function.
The conventional permanent dental bridge
A traditional fixed bridge consists of an artificial tooth (or up to three in a span) with a crown or hollow cap on each side. Anchor teeth adjacent to the missing one are shaped so that the crowns will fit over top. When the crowns are cemented in place, the artificial tooth is stabilized.
Replacing front teeth with a bridge
Front teeth are the most noticeable in your smile and are vulnerable to trauma, so a bridge in this area is common. Front teeth are designed to rip and tear food, a task not often necessary with modern man’s diet. Since they are not subjected to a lot of bite force (as molars are), Dr. Ruiz may be able to replace them with a bonded bridge. This type of bridge has “wings” cemented to the backs of anchor teeth. It avoids the need to grind down otherwise healthy teeth to hold the bridge.
How Pembroke Pines, FL patients benefit from dental bridges
- Getting a bridge usually requires just two visits to the dental office.
- An all porcelain bridge looks very natural.
- The bridge supports lips and facial structures.
- You can chew normally with a bridge.
- A bridge is easy to care for with regular brushing accompanied by a special flossing technique or use of a water flosser.
- An affixed bridge for a missing tooth is more secure than a removable partial denture.
- A dental bridge is an alternative for the patient who is not a candidate for or does not want a dental implant.
- A longer stretch of missing teeth may be replaced with a bridge affixed to two dental implants.
You deserve to feel good about your smile. Call (954) 715-4660 to talk with Dr. Ruiz about tooth replacement with dental bridges. Pines Dental Associates in Pembroke Pines, FL welcomes new patients from Hollywood, Miramar, and Cooper City.
Dr. Milton Ruiz believes everyone should be able to attain excellent oral health, and his mission is to provide the highest quality care at the most affordable cost to all his patients. Dr. Ruiz is a general dentist with over 25 years of expertise who graduated from Tufts Dental School in Boston.
Dr. Ruiz has completed over 500 hours of continuing education in his decades of practice to keep current on new technology and improvements in dentistry. He is skilled in all aspects of dentistry, including cosmetic dentistry, root canal therapy, sleep apnea therapy, orthodontics, Invisalign certification, Oral Conscious Sedation, and restorative dentistry. You can rely on him to make your dental visit as comfortable as possible.